This song soothes--especially lately. I have spent the last two and a half weeks alone or just sitting with myself. Between the movie set hours and now the event I have had to sit with my thoughts. I've been pretty down, actually.
Smile all the time.. Show your teeth to meaningless/sharpen them with lies..
Thanks, Jeff, for putting my feelings into music and lyrics. I think I am feeling some mild depression. There is a song by a favorite artist, HEM that popped into my head just now: "The pills stopped working." It's a bit too upbeat for my mood right now, so Jeff will have to do.
Guess that's where I am right now. Laugh at every joke/ fill your heart with smoke
Maybe its the FOMO going back to school thing. Maybe it's the friction I feel with my girl. Maybe it's the saddness I feel about not fitting in anywhere. The mundane. The banal.
On Friday an aquaintance mentioned a student of mine that passed away just after our student trip to NYC and I broke down. That might have been the first time I let that show. Two years later and it finally came out.
At this conference I observe that the person who talks the loudest is the one who gets heard. I am asked a question and before I can reply, the person who asked it continues talking. Because she honestly does not care what I have to say. And when she opens her mouth, I stop listening.
And I stop talking. I go out on my own. Thanks for taking into consideration someone else's dietary needs when deciding where to eat dinner.
"Thai? What is that? Do they have steak and fries? I don't eat anything green." Ugh. Get me the hell out of here.
It will be nice to get back into some kind of routine. I will post another song from HEM here. It's been a long time...take a listen, won't you?
"He Came to Meet Me"
No comments:
Post a Comment