8/21/2026

"Cest La Vie" and "Elderly Woman.." Zion Crossroads & Pearl Jam

C-est La Vie

So my SO did a thing. He is officially an Elk. The initiation was a cross between some kind of creed you recite in church and a watered down Shakespeare monologue. But I appreciated the pomp of the whole ordeal--too bad I had to leave for the secret handshakes.

The Elks Lodge is a funky place but is on the Historic Register for Monroe County. While he was initiating, I toured the place and found my way to the basement (it was roped off but I went down anyway.) There is a beautiful bar that looks like it came from the movie set THE SHINING but not quite as fancy that just needs some renovation and it would be good as new. I'm going to look into some funding for that..

Meanwhile, now that I am well versed in bar management, I was shocked at how the bartenders pour at this place. So what if I am drinking with geriactrics-- the drinks are cheap and stiff and tonight ZION CROSSROADS is playing. I have not heard them since my DJ days, so I am looking fwd. My girl is up for it, so it should be a hill-billy-bluegrass-rockabilly good time.

Less than 2 weeks until the big deep dive into Peru... Hope you are well.

Heard this one coming home from work today.

Do hearts and thoughts fade away?

No comments: