8/18/2004

haiku

In the cicada's cry
No sign can foretell
How soon it must die.
- basho

it's back to school in Bloomington.
the streets are littered with broken chairs, mildew-laden couches and other unwanted items. I cannot believe the amount of stuff people accumulate in such a short period of time. How wasteful.

Got a few leads on some musicals for the winter. I am now shoving my entire fist in my mouth and kicking myself for promising to stage a full blown production in the Japanese style. Talk about torture.
So a 40's style-zoot-suit Mikado is one option. Think the kids will dig it.
I've been coming to school now for several days and it feels ok. Well, as long as I stay in the room. But it feels warm and cozy. I can stay another year.

Did some other ground work type stuff today--I am definitely on the upswing.
I was given Emma Lou Harris' Wrecking Ball yesterday and just can't turn it off. Good lyrics, good melodies. Haunting. The kind of CD that gets under your skin and you know she has been there.

I have also been listening to Wilco's Ghost is Born more lately. His lyrics are so poetic. I hated the album at first, but after a few listens it has grown on me. Want to pick up the Lilly's today for shits and giggles.

It's good to have C and D around. I think it will be an even exchange for all of u.

The stress is rising. I got a cold sore last night. That is always a good sign. I was walking downtown and I ran into a close friend and parent of my favorite student, B-Carl. We are both crazies. He said I looked terrible but so did he. Our stars move in similar alignment.

1 comment:

grey matters said...

thanks,
yeah, a productive day for c. I even changed my sheets.
talked to my shrink about not showing up here come monday. the idea is definitely appealing.
I guess I could try writing...?
thanks John. Thanks.