2/26/2005

"Now Sleeps"

Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font:
The fire-fly wakens: waken thou with me.

Now droops the milkwhite peacock like a ghost,
And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.
Now lies the Earth all Danaƫ to the stars,
And all thy heart lies open unto me.

Now slides the silent meteor on, and leaves
A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.

-Alfred Lord T.

A wonderful weekend! One of the best I can remember having in months. And just concluded the elegant period piece Vanity Fair --returned from Motorcycle Diaries, and talks with a good companion and closed out the day with The Yes Men. I am feeling fine.

Nora O'Connor's Till' the Dawn is a delight-- and makes me all the more excited to meet her (and hopefully Andrew Bird) in a few weeks.

Saw some old friends at Tro-Ho, and had good conversation with with new ones, which proves that truth and reality do outlive lies and hypocricy.