3/14/2005

spring break cont.

Monday.
"...a vivified awakening after 10 hours of sleep and the queer dark and white empty campus at nine, not a soul, not a car- a nightmare sequence preparing, the class building unlit." Friday, March 14, journals of Sylvia Plath

I woke again in a panic at 7:10. I cried out in my sleep last night-- something that always scares me. I woke not knowing what frightened me so--I just knew something was there, floating in my mind, causing me to scream, clutching my covers over my head, waiting for my breathing to calm.

I mentioned that spring is a very hard time for me. I think it can be more difficult than enduring the fall. So, in like a lamb and out like a lion? At least it isn't a demon, or could it be?
Another point of concern for me: I keep befriending folks who have no interest in me or what I have to give to them or to the world. It hardens the heart. At least the behavior is predictible--the silent treatment and disappearing act. Alas--another sad goodbye.

MORE ON TODAY (after noon):
I am sitting in a new favorite restaurant (Roots) drinking a Bells Amber and enjoying an amazing bowl of butternut squash and cornbread. Outstanding.
It has been a fine day today. It is sunny and warm lots of people out and about it has been lovely.

This weekend gave me an opportunity to catch up with my oldest friend. Sad to say she has had a rough go at it and still isn't happy, but has settled on the life she has. I hope that never happens to me.

I was working out today and since I am between books opted for Rolling Stone. There was a quote from Green Day that read, "It's sexy to be an angry young man, not a bitter old bastard." It had me laughing outloud-maybe because I know several bitter old bastards these days.

ciao--