6/04/2006

fm. We are Many"

Of the many men whom I am, whom we are,
I cannot settle in a single one.
They are lost to me under the cover of clothing.
They have departed for another city.

When everything seems to be set
to show me off as a man of intelligence,
the fool I keep concealed in my person
takes over my talk and occupies my mouth...


P.N.
Hello.
Sunday after noon. I am feeling lazy today.
The back door is open and the gentle breeze blows into my apartment bringing with it sweet smells from the candle burning. It is a beautiful day. I should be out doing something--but I am not.

I am ok.
I saw a great show Thursday night, HEM and OVER THE RHINE at Bus. Chum.
Still, going to shows alone is starting to wear on me. I left before the headliner was finished, knowing that I had to work the next day.

I have a few long-term plans in the works, one is going back to school in January. The other is a euro tour next summer with high school kids. Italy, France and England. I will see how the Cyprus thing looks, but honestly, it will be so much work I wonder if it is worth the hassle.

School is out in 4 days. I welcome the slow pace of summer.

Looking forward to something unexpected soon....

*** Have spent most of the day on the couch watching old Elvis Costello videos and reliving my childhood. I can't remember the last time I chose to spend my afternoon doing nothing at all. In fact, I usually condem such behaviours. Funny thing is I feel fine doing it today.

No comments: