7/24/2006

A strong gust

This morning I was emotionally charged and knew the only way to work through it was to run. I made my way to the cinder, pine tree-lined track, breathing deeply through my belly, my head and heart full and ready to run.
And it was strange, I started to feel this pull. I was trapped between running like hell from my demons and yet frantically chasing my dreams. I was caught in this swirling, colorful tug-of-war within myself. The run was a three miler and I didn't feel anything for most of it. Still, I walked away relieved, drenched with sweat and possiblity.

Funny how being in a state of complacent calm and tranquility can be so easily upset---how kind words can easily disrupt my equilibrium. I am still reeling from the simplest of gestures and need to learn how to process them in a more balanced way. Kindness, I have found, doesn't come often enough to gage how I will consistently respond. I just know I never react the way I would like to..

One of these days I will figure it out.
Until then, I remain the same--waiting for the gust to blow me over.

1 comment:

consise10 said...

Ohh God Grey! I can so relate to this entry.I find when I am out jogging everything becomes apparent.My thinking which at times is so circular and entrapping sees an opening and an out,which is rare if even possible without the hard push I give my entire body during the run.Love the way you expressed yourself here,and thankyou for sharing it Grey.