8/08/2006

"Country Mile"

Silver Birch against a Swedish sky
The singer in the band made me want to cry
We’re all inside our own heads now
We are leaving new friends
We are leaving this town
I wish you could be here with me
I would show you off like a trophy
The road it winds, it twists, it turns, now my stomach burns

Once again I’ll be the foolish one
Thinking a blink of these lashes would make you come
Don’t you worry, don’t get in a state
I don’t believe in true love anyway
Who’s being pessimistic now?
I could document this as our first and our last row
The more you look forlorn, the more to you I warm

I won’t be seeing you for a long while
I hope it’s not as long as a country mile
I feel lost

Camera Obscura fm. Let's get out of this country

Been a strange few days for me. Must be the waxing moon that is making life twisted. I am trying to get myself back into work mode. Been pouring over articles and plays while organizing my room. I'm definitely not where I need to be. Fortunately, I have another week to prepare.

I am still bewildered by the opposite sex. I think I am destined to be alone. The worst for me is not having someone to say goodnight.

Music has been a sancutary for me. I spent gas money on 2 new albums, Camera Obscura and The Evangelicals. Lots of music coming to Bloomington, including Calixco in September.

Must get back to work. Hope you are well.

No comments: