6/12/2007

bowsunbelle

And under the bowsunbelle
I'll hold in the snowy shroud
She had no heart so hardened
All under the bowsunbelle


Been a glorious day of summer here in sunny, USA.
Been several glorious ays, actually.

Things especially happy:
*how all my senses have been heightened with my latest runs. I smile with the power in my form, pace and breath, the distinct sound and smell that greet me as the breeze whips through the long-needle evergreens and the chunka-chip repetition as my new shoes hit the cinders. Glorious.

*waking up with my daughter next to me-laughing and smiling. "Tell me a story," she said today not wanting to get out of the bed. I feel pangs of guilt as I drop her off at daycare, o I can get in some much-needed writing and bill-paying done.

*the sounds, smells and colours of the forest as seen Monday afternoon. I stopped to pick native flowers and enjoyed the fragrances, the delicate blossoms, each bug that accompanied them all...

I don't mind not being a hero. In fact, I was thinking how much closeness makes me wanna bolt. But today--being on my own I bask bask bask in my solo mio ness.
and tonight, I will make my dinner, eat well, read well, and sleep well. solo mio.

Her grey sky with bitter skin
A rain cloud rain on me
All out behind horizon, oh
A grey sky of bitter skin

And I will hang my head, hang my head low
And I will hang my head, hang my head low

No comments: