1/29/2009

synchronicity

When I have a series of setbacks, or potential ones, I have to stop before things spiral out of hand.
There are things that are out of my control. Like the weather, for instance. Who would have expected a foot of snow to fall in less than 2 days?
Still, it has thrown my whole work schedule out of whack, contributed to a cracked windshield and a three day hiatus from tech rehearsals and the start of the choreography for the musical. Not to mention throwing my workout schedule completely off. I live by schedules and bells...

The idle time has been good in other areas; for it has forced me to slow down. I guess one could compare the paralysis to an injury of some kind, where the surgeon orders you to stay off your knee for six weeks until the wound heals.
I guess this is nature's way of healing me.

Lately I have noticed my anger has started to rise to the surface and with very little provoking. I hate the way I handle situations where I should be more rational and cool. Instead, I resort back to defense mode and shut down, or "slice and dice" the person towards which the anger is directed. I feel ashamed and embarrassed. And instead of just saying that, I act out.

Show is in 1 week. I have been known to perform miracles before--but this one I am not so sure.
Lots on my mind today. Hopefully a long run with my new (old) Michael Jackson as well as The Police Synchronicity will get the levels down to a more manageable place.


"..With one breath,
with one flow,
you will know:
Synchronicity.

A sweet trance,
a dream dance,
a shared romance:
Synchronicity..."

No comments: