7/29/2004

Purging

2:37 p.m. Thursday.
I have spent the last two days pitching everything that is rendered useless, collecting dust, is a constant reminder of the past or taking up space. It feels good.

I got rid of at least 50 cds, a shitload of clothes and unused wedding presents and finally sold my 1967 Mustang Fender and bass amp. Next is the road bike

I am trying to live simply. No attachment to material things.

Things have been tough for me lately. Have you ever had that sensation when swimming in a larger body of water when the temperature plummets-- and you know you are no longer in shallow (safe) waters? That is the feeling.
I am extremely lonely.


My dream last night was frightening. I was back in school. I had a paper due the next day. A big one. The following day I also had a paper and a midterm. I was using an old battered typewriter to type--having trouble with the spacing and margins, etc. etc.
I needed to make copies for the paper using a few texts. The copy machines ( forgot after working in the copy machine Mecca that is my school) that you had to PAY for copies. The line was growing. I dug around for some change (I was flat broke) and went back to wait my turn. The machines were high off the ground--at least ten feet and to use them you had to stand on this piece of metal.
Lilly was with me and I tried to hoist her up as I was trying to make my copies. Not happening.
So this man said he would hold her while I finished up. I looked in his eyes, he was black with light green eyes. He looked trustworthy. The copies took some time. I turned to check on Lilly and they were gone.
A chase ensued with the abductor's younger brother, who led me around a freeway to the scene of a hideous crime. It was night.
Lights were flashing. I drove past slowly, hysterical. A man on the street told me there were no human remains. She had burned to death and the fiery ball was tossed into the river below. I doubled over.
Then I woke up to check on her.








3 comments:

grey matters said...

I added photos in previous blogs--check it out.
John G. I don't think I have any of you....

grey matters said...

tonight was 1/2 price martinis and haven't made an appearance in some time-- so forgive the comment below:
I had THE MOST incredible Indian food tonight (Bombay on 4th street, for the locals...)
Awww shit, who reads this blog anyway?
If you arne't from around here ---Bloomingont has the most authenitc food in Indiana--guaranteed.

Well, the host met me AT THE DOOR with my carry out. He was so kind I could have kissed him.
Dinner was ready in less than 10 minutes.
Mali Kafta is what I want on my last day on this earth. It is the most amazing food known to man.

Is anyone out there?

grey matters said...

OK, so the chart was right. July 30 company's back in town. Yeah!
It is getting easier. The lump in the throat isn't so big and the feeling doesn't last as long as it used to.
So there is progress. Right?
Funny how everyone is in a different place in 'the dance': holding out single, madly and passionately in love, newly married, working it out (or not), babies, Midlife crisis( or in my case, mid 30's crisis), divorce, death...where do YOU fit in to the dance?
I am the one when the music stops playing without the chair--every time.

I've been rushed today, but managed to make time to see Karen and Ariel again today. I tried to explain my reasoning behind MAKING TIME for things that matter--for people that matter. There are a few women whom I would at one time considered my friends. But every time I suggest getting together, they are "crazy-busy". Crazy-Busy? What does that mean anyway? To me it says, "I have bigger priorities than spending time catching up with you." How hard is it to take a few hours out of your busy schedule to get together with an old friend?
So I told K and A that I wanted to make the time because they are important to me.
Sure, my expectations are high when it comes to friendships. Why shouldn't they be?

Another terrible dream last night--I was told I will no longer be employed, and this announcement came at intermission of a show that I was directing that was flopping miserably. Half the audience left at intermission.
I sat in the back row and cried.