11/18/2004

Word of the day-- delicate

While I was making my daughter dinner, she stood by the front door holding her coat. "Outside?" and "Daddy?" were the only words I could make out of her babble.
Scenes from Mrs. Doubtfire played through my mind. I put the spoon down and went to her.
***

6:15 a.m. traffic rolls on Second Street. We have our routines and most folks who are up and out at this time generally move a lot faster than the rest of the population. I appreciate that. But some days I envy the type B person. Leisurely sipping coffee, reading the paper and whatever else they do...try living with one of these people. A lesson in patience, let me tell you.

I am slowly wading into the holidays. My favorite time of year (ugh). Today I dug out Messiah. "The Halleulah Chorus" always puts a lump in my throat the size of a softball. Handel beats the crap out of that miserable, peppy Vince G. and his trio playing those tired Charlie Brown Songs.

Lolita is moving right along. I find it disturbing (perhaps with a young nymphette of my own) that there are predators in my own backyard lusting after young girls.

***


No comments: