1/20/2005

ok day

The purple haze from my window was calming this morning. I stayed under the covers and curled up--noticing my feet were cold. I didn't wake feeling anxious, guilty, remorseful, which is what usually happens when I join the conscious. Today it was all ok.

I finished another book last night called Open House written by Elizabeth Berg. And though I could relate to the main character, there was something that just didn't seem realistic about it. I also read a silly book I found at the airport called he's just not that into you by greg behrendt and liz tuccillo. funny stuff--but all true.

Today I am taking my daughter to get her first haircut. I am excited to see her reaction--I just hope she doesn't get upset.
Back at work the kids are gearing up for the student matinee teaser. I hope everything works out. Wonder what my replacememnt is feeling right now. I wonder what everyone is doing over there. I feel so distant from everything--and it all seems so trival in nature. Is anything really that important?
So I will take my calm feeling and go out into the dark, quiet morning, drink my coffee and keep my head down.
It's going to be an ok day.