1/18/2005

yes, I am crying, so get over it

I just realized that I have nothing interesting to say,
I have no new insights on life, I am not trying desperately to impress anyone, no one cares what I read, say, quote, listen to, eat or drink, whether or not I wear perfume or how incredible my daughter is.
and that makes me pretty sad.

so in that case, I just read a great book called the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime by Mark Haddon
Here are some random things about me:

Hi. this is me. I am a nice person. I hate it when I am described by others as "nice". If you are with me, you know that I feel at ease if I actually talk, skip or sing. I might even throw a snowball at you.
I like soft kitties and sincerity. I just spent 4 days alone in Mexico. I hate winter. I like to laugh and play practical jokes.
I like flowers more than the average woman. The star spangled banner makes me cry.
So does the last stanza of the The Lord's Prayer. I love sacred hymns played on the organ.
I talk to strangers.
I don't have a best friend.
I prefer mornings to evenings.
I know the words to pretty much every mainstream rock song ever written. I can work a line of a song into any conversation, depending on whether I feel safe with you.
I think the most romantic part in a musical is when Maria and Captain Von Trapp are dancing a waltz and she has to stop because she is in love with him--and he with her.
I want to believe that is what love feels like.

I am always cold.

I cry a lot. I sleep best when alone. I think mean people do suck.
I am still waiting to meet my soulmate. But I am not looking.
I like peeps.
Spring flowers are the best because they smell funny.
I bite my nails when I drive. I like to see movies alone. I prefer to be alone.
Mali Kafta is my favorite indian dish. I also like papidam.
I feel things on a deeper level than most. I hate cigarettes.
I am a good kisser. I like it when guys wear suits. I hate hair. The clothes in my closet are color-coded. I think the Beatles were more talented than the Stones.
I cannot stand laziness in people.
I have to recite the alphabet song when I am trying to remember where certain letters are (like in the phone book)
I cannot remember the last time I went out for fun with people. I hate sitting in the passenger side of any car, especially my own car. I have a mole on the back of my left thigh. I have an addiction to chapstick. I have been called emotionally draining. I daydream a lot. If I were an animal I would be a seal. I miss intimacy but I am afraid to trust anyone with my heart ever again.
so, what about you?