1/26/2005

raven hair

Looking into the basin of the sink, I watched the remains of color swirl around the bowl and down the drain. The dye has stained my fingers and sides of my face. I examine carefully the black pieces meant to cover up my god-given blonde. I pause for a moment to stare at the strange face in the mirror. She waxes philisophical....

*Jesus spoke in metaphors and that is probably why they crucified him. They didn't understand what he was trying to do or to say. Why is our message so often distorted--and we crucified?

*Words cut and stain like indelible ink. Words can also manipulate, destroy, seduce, and sooth.

* We see ourselves in the faces of those we love--that is why we love them. We believe that one person can see us for who we are, but actually we see those qualities we like in ourselves reflecting back to us. So, when that person no longer holds up the mirror, what is left to see?

*On starting over:
How can one convey that, "She is not the person I am. This is who I am now."
I know what I am to do. But practicing and preaching are two completely different things.
And perhaps this is why we are here in this lifetime. You preach--I practice.
Let the rewiring continue.











No comments: