2/06/2005

stupidbowl sunday

How perfect the superbowl is on a sunday. The two go hand in hand.
Might as well break out the tax forms...now, where did I put my beer?

****

My girl washed me in the tub today. She leaned against my back and guided the washcloth
up and down
up and down
like I have with her so many times.
I thought to myself she will one day be doing this when I no longer can.
So I held her to my naked breast and kissed her, tears streaming down.
"You ok?" she asked me, her furrowed brow and hands outstretched.
"Mommy is ok. Mommy is fine."

****

Sometimes I feel like my heart could explode from holding back the amount of love I feel.
That must be why when the seasons change from summer to fall or winter to spring, I have so much trouble.
You see, I don't know what to do with the feelings-- my heart swells so big it must be released.
To friends, to enemies, to lovers, to strangers, to students, to whomever.

You are loved by someone who is amazing and caring,
thoughtful and attentive,
funny and bright,
beautiful and unassuming,
and she wants you to know it.
right now.