5/17/2005

mariner's revenge and other tales

Ok, so I am finishing up a bowl of cereal-don't know the last time I actually ate a bowl of cereal--but who cares..

I have had a lot on my mind today.
The worst part about it is I have no one to talk through everything.
When I was married, my husband HATED when I would bring home my stuff and unpack it. And now, because I know this about people, I rarely talk.

I laughed to myself tonight-- not only because there was no one I knew next to me, but because during the Decemberists show we were asked to cry out to our mothers while in the bowels of an imaginary whale. I am usually really good at pretending--BUT The extension of reality was immediately broken for me- why? why in my right mind would I cry out for my mother? I cannot remember the last good conversation we had.
This got me tangenting off in other directions as the encore played on-not only about mothers and myself as a mother but who would I call on?
I left the show in my usual happy, hands in pockets state, whistling to myself. I was not tired. I was not ready to go home.

I was able to escape the bullshit of life and work for a short time. I guess, I don't know--that it would be nice to have someone else around-- well, at least to walk me to my car.

I dunno. I am a simple person with simple needs. None of which are currently being met.

But then there is the cereal....

No comments: