5/15/2005

Mixology 101

OK, I stole the title from my friend, Jim M. of WFHB but it fits my mood tonight. Have been devouring new music lately like the bibliophiles do their books. Trainings have been good and I sit in on his show tomorrow, hopefully soon--soon I will be spinning the discs on my own.

Here's what is playing at home and in the car:

broken social scene / you forgot it in people

lou barlow's EMOH

Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs

The Decemberists--Castaways and Cutouts & Picaresque (2 days til the show!)

Sadly, I don't have Beck's Guero yet(pale white guy in Spanish). I saw that Neko Case was coming to the Bird in June. Should be a good time. Who knows, maybe The Mountain Goats will be next...


other stuff:
If you have not heard the Boss' new album, you should.
Also, Petra Haden and Bill Fresell do an amazing duo on a title called the same.
and the new Ryan Adams---something to check out.
Literary movements--
Been moving through Nick Flynn's Bullshit Night in Suck City


Dreaming of lazy summer days at the park.... what about you?

It's late and I have stuff to do. Hope you are warm--and well. Ciao.

No comments: