6/09/2005

vola

"There was a brief good-by. 'It certainly was pleasant,' said Hingham, looking away. Beyond some trees, across the sand, a great neon sign of a roadhouse glowed red. Hingham always went there for a beer when he was tired of writing. He was very lonely, he wanted to get back to New York. It was sad to see his tall figure receding in the dark as we drove away, just like the other figures in New York and New Orleans: they stand uncertainly underneath immense skies, and everything about them is drowned. Where go? what do? what for--? sleep.
But this foolish gang was bending onward." 8 "The Legend of Duluoz" On The Road

It's another end to another school year.
I've closed the book, locked the door--my car awaits with windows down.

For me, there is always this panic of uncertainty--now what the fuck do I do?
I hate that feeling.
Fortunately it will pass and I will be wading in the cool, deep water of summertime.

Goodbye to you, my dear friends moving on.
I will miss you.

now, I need to take that giant leap of faith---

No comments: