8/09/2005

top 10 summer observations

10. Driving home tonight, I passed the well-lit baseball field next to my apartment complex. The moisture and humidity hung in the air. It smelled divine--and it was the perfect temperature too. I wanted to pull over and watch.

9. The ciacada's are in full sing, reminding me that school is just around the corner.

8. Walking solo down Kirkwood tonight--there hung a sliver of a moon and next to it a speck of a constilation--Venus perhaps? Lovely with the backdrop of bright blue.

7. Not only do I get to play great music on the radio (tomorrow), I also get to review as many new cds as I want. Dream job.

6. My daughter resting her head in my lap as I wash the shampoo from her curly blonde hair. The trust and vulnerability is overpowering. I miss feeling that way.

5. Seeing Bill-a traveling bandit--again. He travels from Cali to Bloomington and back. Last time I saw him was the summer solstice first at Tro-Ho, then at the Moaners concert. safe travels, Bill.

4. Unstructured time.

3. A friend to fill unstructred time.

2. Gossiping with the custodial staff.

1. Two more weeks of vacation.