1/27/2008

kaisen

Sunday morning, praise the dawning
It's just a restless feeling by my side
Early dawning, Sunday morning
It's just the wasted years so close behind
Watch out, the world's behind you
There's always someone around you who will call
It's nothing at all

Lou Reed

Ahh. 40 degrees rising and the fog lifts here in lovely Bloomington. The sun is shining and the snow is melting. Yay.

I stopped by my favorite flower shop, Mike was there with the chewed-up cigar hanging out of the side of his mouth,
"Where you been, little lady? Life treating you good?"
He asks while wrapping up my tulips. I cringe at the grammar but smile at his sincerity. God, I love Hoosiers.

He explains how the tulips will grow once you get them home and with a twinkle in is eye says that spring will be here in about 8 weeks. Along with the promise of spring and flowers, he prods me about my love life.
"Well, obviously if I am buying the flowers---," I trail off.
He shakes is head and smiles as I pay the bill, he says with a wink,
"Come back more often. We like seeing ya."
I promise I will try.

I spent well over 3 hours talking to the guys down at the coffee shop, Pat M. one of my favorites, and Eric a math genius who teaches quantum-numbers-and-theories at university. Grumpy Tom is there, who swears like a sailor but has a soft spot for little girls and then there is Doctoral Tim 'music man' B. Rounding out the table of course, the romantic Dave T with a different woman clinging to his side every time I see him. It always makes for interesting, eclectic morning conversation.

I spent most of my time talking to Eric about dreams-- we share lots of problems with thinking and loss of sleep. We are both nervous types. We discuss the motivation behind exercise and the metal game required to do triathlons and play golf. We both vow to pick up golf again come spring.

Father Pat clicks his tongue, praising my dedication to the gym but asking if I made it to church this morning. "This is my soul food today," I say.
And soul food it was...just what I needed.


The warm weather picks-me-up as I am thinking about a grant for a special project I am formulating for the spring. I am collaborating with a cool old broad who pushes me. Am also getting the wanderlust again--so will need to decide whether I want to travel this summer or landscape my yard.

I think both are possible.

Anything is possible this Sunday morning.
Anything is possible....

No comments: