10/06/2004

Baby

"Don't cry baby," he said to her, cradling her head in his arms.
She had never been called baby before. It always sounded so cliche. But coming from him it was...nice. Baby hmmm.
*****
I hate the fact that I have to rely on my students in order to have a conversation about anything important. The election, condoms in schools, relating to your kids, having civil discussions without closing off the other person, dismissing them or walking away. Maybe because they are a captive audience? I am honored that they let me in to their lives at all. I know I never let my parents in on anything I was thinking or feeling.

I thank my lucky stars for students like Ryan, Anna, Alex, Keith, Anton, Trevor, Jacob, Jimmy, J-Moore, Kerchie, Hoppie, Esther, Evan, B-Carl, Steve, Haddie, Kayta, Danielle, Krystopher, Sarah, Kathleen...they never let me down, always have a hug for me and are straight up with me. I cannot say that for many adults that I know.

Dreams were crazy last night...I was crazy, elevators, painting, college dorms....

No comments: