11/08/2004

Brand new day

Has anyone else been enamored by these morning skies? I saw the 2 planets aligned accompanied by a waxing(?) moon from my window at the shelter Friday morning--looking up this morning the sky seemed to go on forever. Must be the new surroundings.....

I woke to WFHB's mellow morning mix, made myself an espresso, stretched and leisurely got ready for work. This is the most relaxed I have felt in months.

From my 6X4 concrete slab I have a great view of highway 37. The sunsets are pretty spectacular. I feel a bit like Thoreau traipsing about Walden and living simply. It feels good.

Last night I started Nabokov's Lolita and read without interruption. The place was completely quiet. I actually have some clarity this a.m. and am finally ready to get back to work.

There is some definite compromise to doing this--the main one being seeing less of lil' babe.

I am on an upswing. Look out--you won't be able to help yourself--and I will pretty much kick your ass. Boo-Yah!





No comments: