11/11/2007

mind over matter

(with special permission by OJ, november 8)

It's true. That's really all it is.
I can achieve anything I want with mind over matter.
Powerful feeling--and knowing you can do it makes it even easier and scarier! It is especially true with physical challenges for me: natural childbirth, tri-athalons, power workouts. I love to push my body beyond its physical limits. It's really all about mind-power. Control, sweet control.

Besides learning Chess (played and lost a few times now.) I have decided to tryout for the Roller Derby Girls with Bleeding Heartland here in town. I had not been on skates for, gosh, it has been since 7th grade when I couple skated backwards with my first boyfriend, Doug Emmonds to "Total Eclipse of the Heart".
So, I went to open skate Thursday with a few pals and guess what?
I was fast. I was good. And I wiped out HARD.
It didn't take long to remember how much I enjoyed skaing. And now on to strategy...
Can I handle getting taken down, punched in the face and decked in the shins? I think I have enough aggression lying dormant to blow the whole damn town to hell.
Nothing is gonna stop me from making the team. Well, unless I decide I don't want to do it.

Mind over matter. So you can call me Rad Rage. I think that will be my new name.

how's the coffee, lovah?
-RAD RAGE

No comments: