9/01/2008

labor day



Today's run reminded me of 2 different runs in different places. The first was Roma last summer outside a remote hotel in Rome. It was a chilly morning with the sun just barely rising and the air was heavy and moist. In Rome the nights were cool but the days extremely hot.

The second similar run was this summer up on the Grand Canyon. I was running along the south rim before sunrise, trying to find the furthest point out on the canyon to sit and meditate before showtime. Again, it was a chilly 55 degrees, and my legs were red and chapped from the chill.



I could have gone longer today without a problem. Still, wanted to get to the Y before the crowd and therefore had to cut it short.

Am happy about my new social networking and meeting lots of new people.
Today is day 28 and I am feeling fine.


Here's to the underdog.
Here's to the late bloomer.
Here's to holding out for the very best.
Here's to being honest with myself and others.
Here's to me.

Happy Labor Day. Off to TC Steele!

No comments: