7/20/2004

josh, Mari and Desire

Saturday. A little before noon.
ringing my hands, I approach the keyboard.

Scanning the photos, I try to find a place to start.






I tuned in to NPR yesterday in the middle of a program. It sounded like some kind of environmental forum of sorts. While the speaker's monologue continued he stated that we (Americans) use X amount of energy; twice the amount of Japan and the U.S. is so much bigger.

The beat-up Ford truck in front of me emitted blue smoke as he accelerated through the light. A cigarette butt was toked from the passenger side window. I had to turn up the radio to hear as another car had his bass woofers up so loud I could feel it in my chest.
The program continued...

"...Industrialization. A new industrialization is upon us...American companies are working on strategies to be more like Japan...."
I shut the radio off and sighed.