10/11/2004

disorder or disease?

Sunday morning I rode my bike up a one-way street. I have travelled this street every day for as long as I can remember---but it looked like a completely different street coming from the other direction. I wonder if you can see people in a totally different light if you approach them differently. Something to think about, I guess.


I was flattered by a student Friday. I assigned my classes to watch the debates and tongue-in-cheek invited them over to my house, since I knew I wouldn't be doing anything. Come Friday, a student told me he was invited to watch the debates at a girl's house. He told her, " No, because I am watching the debates with my teacher." Ha!


more thoughts--
An interesting weekend, for sure. I rented Suicide Club and kept pretty much to myself. Also got my hands on a copy of the Garden State soundtrack--good stuff.
I still wonder what the time line is on apologies--I see the leaves scatter and blow, but I will keep trying. I enjoyed a conversation with an old friend--he is always so receptive to me. Just wanted to thank you for that--even though I know you won't see this. It made my weekend.

and finally...
do you see me? wish you could see me now. if only you could see me now.