12/22/2004

silk p.js

It's 9:15 a.m. and I am still in my silk jammies. From my window I can see my neighbors venturing out one by to excavate their cars. I can see them shiver and curse. The process takes each person about 10 minutes. Usually by this time in the morning I am already gone--to work or town. I hate sitting around at home. It's nice to see who lives above or below me--even if they are completely bundled up and faceless.

But today was different. I stayed in bed listening to cars crawling along the highway, occasionally that one car does a tailspin and the driver continues that pointless spinning wheel thing-y, digging himself deeper into a snowbank.

*Since I wasn't working yesterday, I was able to witness the parinoia of pre-snow storm blues strike the innocent people of Bloomington. It never fails, anyone with a television or radio click into "it's the end of the world" mode and have to buy a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread just in case. It cracks me up. I guess they forget that pizza CAN be delivered.

*= SIDE NOTE
While listening to public radio, my favorite lispy dj announced that the roads were terrible and we should stay inside unless totally necessary. Ha. Tell that to the idiot stranded outside my apartment.

It does look mighty purty out there. Wish I had a sled and a big husky dog...and maybe a strong companion..no matter.

I missed the solstice party last night. Decided that I would wait for the snow, watch a movie, sit in the tub and read until pruny, which is just what I did. I am sure the mandolins and banjos were fired up-- maybe next time.

I have overdosed on my music and picked up James for shits and giggles...some good stuff but not something I can play all the way through without skipping a few tunes. Also while killing time in town I hung around Howards to pet the kitties and found some cheap old classic Ella Fitz. Man, that girl could sing.