6/26/2005

mirror image

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Hey gorgeous, "he said in my general direction as I pushed my two year old past The Bakehouse.
"Don't talk to my child that way," was my playful reply, not expecting such a comment.
"Oh, she's cute too."
Thanks for making my Saturday, Steve.

Just a few thoughts, as I am beyond exhausted from keeping my girl for a week without relief.

1. I am looking for a quote from a recent book about how when two lonely people come together, they are simply filling a temporary void. I am trying to dismiss the 1,000,000,000,000 (yes, I am exaggerating) odd people in this summer town who actually meet and maintain a meaningful relationship-- after my brief, serendipitous meeting.

2. People who tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself after you bare your soul to them. The only saving grace this time, is that she is my sister.

3. The Great Lake Swimmers was a wonderful set. The Moaners were great too. I would have taken Great Lake home with me, but he had a swanky girlfriend.

4. I should never post after 10 pm.

5. Everyone I know and love is traveling (some statewide) overseas right now. What would I give to be with them right now.

6. I have on clean underwear--that has to count for something.

No comments: