7/25/2005

2000 miles

He's gone,
2000 miles,
Is very far.
The snows falling down.
It's colder day by day.
I miss you.
The children were singing,
He'll be back at Christmas time.

Listened to that today in the studio and wept like a baby.
Along with one close to home, Back on the Chain Gang.

It is official. I am going to see Willie Nelson at the Vogue for $100 in about 3 weeks, so I will survive. Hopefully The Green Cards will open for him. Their Weather and Water release is nice. Very nice.

I also got the Campbell Brothers Can you feel it gospel-funk soul album and a special pirated copy of Old Crow Medicine Show from my friends at Tracks. Looking fwd to a listen.

I was reminded that school is starting in three weeks. Ha ha. That is funny. I laughed in the faces of both people who reminded me-- My dear friend Pat, who has to return to the school of doom as well as a phd candidate getting his degree in secondary education (schmarmy schmarmy blah blah blah..) I asked him if he had worked in pubic education. He had, in several states.
"So why did you decided to go into higher ed?" I asked.

"I didn't like the administration at any of the schools."
"Huh."

There were several other unmentionable dealbreakers in my very brief conversation with Mr. G, but good fodder for a short story, of that I am sure.
I urged him to return home quickly to work on his 'formal treatise' and not to commiserate with the likes of the the simple-minded--me.

How many more of these types of meetings must one encounter?
Just goes hand-in-hand with my personal soul journey, I guess.

Fortunately, there was wine and cheese-its awaiting me at home--and my laptop. ahhh--sanctuary!

1 comment:

grey matters said...

I will see what I can do.

This is my page where I like to write what I am feeling without having to censor it by who may or may not be reading. That makes it unfun for me to write and I don't like to feel penned up in a corner. If I turn off my comments I may not want feedback from others. That is all.