12/27/2004

my modern day woody allen--where are you?

I don't know which is better--the opening scene to Allen's Manhattan or the closing scene to Breakfast at Tiffany's. Just finished watching both. Woody Allen makes me laugh. Audrey Hep makes me think there is hope.
( Paul Varjak: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to eachother, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness.")
I swear, there is nothing better than a man who can make me laugh. It's all in the timing. And if someone has good comic timing, well, you know what that means...
Actually, I take that back. Timing depends on both parties to work. It's either there or it isn't.

Alas, being a hopeful romantic can be problematic. But love is love is love--no matter the season for me.
So, What is next? Three Coins in the Fountain a movie about three American Girls travelling in Rome, each tossing a coin into the beautiful fountain of Trevi. The legend is that if you make a wish when you throw the coin into the fountain your wish will be granted. I am sure Rome is beautiful in January..

"Oh the comfort, the inexpressibe comfort, of feeling safe with a person.
Having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words.
But pour them all out, just as they are chaff and grain together,
knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them what is worth keeping,
And then, with the breath of kindness, blow them away."
-George Eliot

Here's to finding humor, timing and love--
but most of all, love.

Goodnight, sweet love.I wish on the moon for you and again say "Goodnight."




No comments: