3/08/2005

feliz cumpleaños to my Spanish Scholar

Happy Birthday, D.C. freak.

Just heard a few great tunes--Louis Armstrong with Oscar Peterson recording an amazing rendition of "You Go To My Head" also Harry Connick, Jr. doing "I Only Have Eyes for You". The dj always plays my requests--thanks, Mr. DJ.

The old grind has been wearing me down. The last few weeks have felt like being stranded out in the middle of the ocean, sun beating down with no sign of rescue. The days have been long and grueling; makes it hard to know why I get up--nothing to look forward to but the day's end-and sleep, ahh, the glorious escape of sleep. But the dreams are mirror images of the day-to-day fight, only more graphic and unforgiving.

I must admit, old Blogger, that there have been moments where I certainly questioned my existence. I just have to believe there is more to life than this loveless, meaningless habitrail....

But someone opened a window today. And for a fleeting moment The Sun shown down on me.
I thank him for that.