4/17/2005

the challenge is you

"AND WILT THOU WEEP WHEN I AM LOW?"


And wilt thou weep when I am low?
Sweet lady! speak those words again:
Yet if they grieve thee, say not so --
I would not give that bosom pain.

My heart is sad, my hopes are gone,
My blood runs coldly through my breast;
And when I perish, thou alone
Wilt sigh above my place of rest.

And yet, methinks, a gleam of peace
Doth through my cloud of anguish shine:
And for a while my sorrows cease,
To know thy heart hath felt for mine.

Oh lady! blessd be that tear --
It falls for one who cannot weep;
Such precious drops are doubly dear
To those whose eyes no tear may steep.

Sweet lady! once my heart was warm
With every feeling soft as thine;
But Beauty's self hath ceased to charm
A wretch created to repine.

Yet wilt thou weep when I am low?
Sweet lady! speak those words again:
Yet if they grieve thee, say not so ---
I would not give that bosom pain.



***
Have you ever rolled down a hill with a 2-year old child, laughing all the way, only to get to the bottom to hear her say, "again"
Ever made someone laugh by swatting (and missing) a fly?
Can you dance around like a fool to "walking on sunshine" with someone and still be their hero?
Do you have someone who wants you to read books to them?

I have a daughter who turned 2 today
and she loves me more than anyone
and it feels terrific to finally connect with someone.


Finally) saw Hotel Rwanda
Ate Mexican at the old Princess Theatre but was haunted by icky feelings and memories of inadequacy.

April is, indeed, the hardest month.
Happy Birthday, my little miracle.