7/16/2005

Lilly and the elmo couch

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

OK, I know I am her mom and all, but my daughter is the cutest, most outgoing and sweetest little person I have ever met. If this be love, I know now what it must feel like. My Lilly is amazing.

Also, more music I picked up yesterday (mostly older stuff):

Gillian Welch: Soul Journey 2003
Beck: Guero 2005 and Mellow Gold (1994)
Luna: Bewitched 1994
Son Volt: Trace 1995

I saw Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and loved it. I don't care what any critic says, I thought it was well done--the spectacle was brilliant. Johnny Depp (who hails from Kentucky) had quite a task and he performed beautifully. Go see it.

Also, I just finished Watership Down
and up next, Jean de Florette.

I ate at a fairly new restaurant in town--Turkish--called Anatolia and got to spend some time with perhaps the owner--a fine specimen of a man. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name. Can this be true? All the more reason to return to his delightful restaurant. Ahh....

And I will have the answer to this idea/rhetorical question come Friday: "Men fall in love with an actual woman. Women fall in love with their idea of a man." As if you had to ask this question...
If you know anything about women or men you know the answer as well. But it seems the world needs studies and proof to back their answer--and so I will find the truth and will share my findings.

Touche. Good night.